Cepeda Sports is hosting a Winter break training session in the Dominican Republic! Join us for this unique opportunity to train with top Pro US & Dominican coaches/ scouts , and our Cepeda Coaches. Players will have the same coaches all week long to pick their brain about the game, and maybe what was his experience playing pro!
We highly recommend this event for serious ball players that want to challenge themselves and take their training to whole new level. These training sessions are for players that want to be that dude on their team. The player that has the passion and drive it takes to be successful in this game.
8 days of pure getting after it with elite staff that will show you from their own personal experiences how to go about your business. If you’re a catcher wouldn’t you want to learn from someone that has caught in the MLB? If you pitch or play infield or outfield , wouldn’t you want to learn from guys that have done it at the highest level. 8 days of soaking in all the information you need to be successful.
Our night time activities will consist of going to watch a game at the pro winter ball league of Dominican Republic.
The town that we are staying in is called San Pedro de Macoris. This town has had one of the best teams every year. The past several years MLB superstars like Fernando Tatis Jr has played with them. Robinson Cano, Nelson Cruz, and many more.
TENTATIVE DAILY AGENDA
12/27 ~ Day 1
12/28 ~ Day 1
|7-9:30am||Beach agility workout.|
|12:30-4pm||Baseball specialized drills and pro designed workouts.|
12/29 ~ Day 2
|7-9:30am||Beach agility workout.|
|1-4pm||Live Situation games|
|Nighttime Activity||Go watch Dominican Republic winter ball game|
12/30 ~ Day 3
|Open morning for rest|
|1:30-4:30pm||DH Games VS OTHER LOCAL MLB AND NON AFFILIATED ACADEMIES.|
|7-8pm||Chalk talk and review the past couple days.|
12/31 ~ Day 4
|Rest of the day off and enjoy|
|New Year’s Eve|
1/1 ~ Day 5
|1:30 4:30pm||DH Games VS OTHER LOCAL MLB AND NON AFFILIATED ACADEMIES.|
1/2 ~ Day 6
|9am-3pm||open camp / clinic with our pro staff. Break
players into groups , and then we will repeat
our drills and practice on what was taught.
Each player will notice themselves feeling better,
having more confidence, and with goal in mind.
1/3 ~ Day 7
|10-12pm||Revision of the week. Chalk talk with coaches.|
|Rest of the day off|
1/4 Day 8
Description of Drills
Participants will participate in unique posture, quickness, and flexibility training. Take part in mental-game training and actions, glove-work, range, IQ, instinct and reaction training. You can only learn this from players and coaches that have played the game. That’s why we make sure all of our staff are made up of individuals that have played at a high level.
INFIELD / Infield Specialized Drills
Breakdown the infield positions by using unique infield drills. Playing infield is a very important position. 99.9% is getting yourself ready for the next play, and visualizing the ball being hit to you, and you making the play.
You have to have the ability to read, recognize and react unconsciously, with precision, within less than a second. Playing the infield is about consistently executing both routine and great plays without thought and little effort. It’s like hitting. You don’t have time to tell yourself to get your hands inside the ball when the pitcher throws it. You have work to do something thousand times, for it to become muscle memory
Chalk talk Topics that will be discussed with all players.
- Range Training
- Glove-work/Actions Training
- Footwork Training
- Posture Training
- Muscle Memory Training
- Reaction Training
- MUCH MORE
- The importance of pre pitch
- First Step
- Taking Proper angles
- Running to a spot
- Outfield communications drills
- Learning how to read swings and playing to the strength of the batter
- Anticipating where the ball will be hit according to the speed of the pitch and the count.
- All players will keep a daily journal of workouts and keep track of the improvements and things they have worked on, and things need to take back home and keep applying it on a daily bases.
HITTING WITH A PURPOSE
- Understanding your strength and weaknesses at the Hitter
- Understanding your swing and where in the batters box could you stand to be more successful. A lot don’t pay attention to where they stand in the box. Your distance from the plate and if you like batting up in the box or back in the box is very important. Players are built different, extremities are longer or stronger, so you stand in the box where it will benefit you the best.
- Talk about learning how to hit with the count
- Learning how to look for certain pitches that you like on certain counts
- Understand how and why we lay off certain pitches
- Making adjustments throughout your at bat!
- Confidence starts on deck
- Explain the importance of having confidence on deck and how to visualize yourself driving the ball and barreling the ball
- The importance of hitting the ball hard somewhere and not just wanting to get a hit
- Definition of using the whole field when up to bat AND why
- Define hitting the ball where is pitch
- Hit with the count and keep count leverage throughout your at bat : EXPLAIN
- Don’t be a slave stay and why
We want to help each player become a better and smarter player. Baseball is 80% mental and 20% talent. The sessions will be tailored for players to learn more about their game and how they can go home and apply what they’ve learned.
2022 Winter Training “GAMER” Session
- Dates: 12/27 – 1/4
- Ages: 14-18u
- Max Number of Players: 30
- Location: San Pedro de Macoris, Dominican Republic
Price per player: $1,499
- Adults (12 and older): $999
- Youth (12 and younger): $499
Refer a friend and receive a free custom Birdman Bat